Cycling clothing: Dress right for a smooth ride
For an ideal cycling experience, it’s not only your bike you need to worry about. Wearing the right kind of clothing can be just as essential. Good cycling gear helps to ensure your safety, comfort and visibility on the road, whatever the conditions.
- 2,900 products
- Free shipping on orders over £50
- 200 service partners
- Pay fast and secure
Types of cycling clothing
Various kinds of cycling clothing are available, each with its own benefits for the cyclist on the go:
- Cycling helmets are the most recognisable and among the most important types of cycling clothing. Though there are only a few countries where a helmet is legally required, we always recommend wearing one and making sure it’s the right size – safety should be your top priority.
- Cycling shoes can be just as essential, to avoid nasty blisters on long rides and ensure you always keep your grip on the pedals. Shoes come in different varieties (leisure, MTB, road and winter) and sometimes come with cleats to attach the shoe to the pedal for improved grip and pedalling power.
- Cycling glasses are designed to allow you to see clearly even in glaring sunlight, just like regular sunglasses. But they also fulfil an important additional role for cyclists: protecting your eyes from any debris you might encounter while cycling at speed – from grit to insects.
- Rain clothing keeps you dry when you cycle in wet conditions. Different rainwear options have different balances of waterproofing and breathability; it’s all about finding the right fit for the weather conditions you tend to cycle in.
Bags and accessories
Bags for cycling come in various types, from saddlebags to traditional backpacks. A bike isn’t always thought of as the best option when you need to carry luggage with you, but with the right bag(s), you’ll be surprised how much it’s practical to take along on a ride.