We, Bicycle Solutions B.V., acting under the tradename Bike@Home, established at Koedijkerweg 12A, 3816 BV Amersfoort, the Netherlands (hereafter: “Bike@Home’, “we” or “us”), ensure that we process personal data in accordance with privacy laws and regulations (including the General Data Protection Regulation).
Personal data are data through which we can (directly or indirectly) identify individuals. We may collect and use the following personal data about you:
- Your name, contact details (such as address, email address, telephone number, IP address) and your date of birth you share with use when buying our products or using our services.
- Your purchases with us (including the product(s) you purchase, the date of purchase, purchase details, information regarding repairs work, etc.)
- Your bank account details
- Your communication data (such as data shared by you when communicating with us via email, online, telephone, social media or any other form, such as questions, requests or complaints)
- Your ratings and feedback
- Other information you voluntarily share with us
Why we collect and use your personal data
We collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- For the performance of our agreement with you: In order to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, and to provide you with the products, services and information that you request, including managing and handling your requests, inquiries or complaints. This also includes responding to your requests to provide customer service, respond to your inquiries, provide you with essential information regarding our products and services you request, etc.
- For our legitimate commercial interests: We use your personal data as described above (both on aggregated and on individual basis) for the purpose of advertising our products and services, to contact you via e-mail, regular mail, social media or otherwise for direct marketing or other commercial purposes. We also use your personal data for analysing and improving the quality of our products and services, such as providing you with customer services and aftersales. We may also use your personal data, for our other legitimate commercial interests such as to operate and expand our business activities; to develop and improve or modify our products and services; to generate aggregated statistics about the users of our products and services; to facilitate our business operations; to operate company policies and procedures; to enable us to make corporate transactions, such as any merger, sale, reorganization, transfer of our assets or businesses, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event; or for other legitimate business purposes permitted by applicable law.
- To comply with our legal obligations: Any personal data we collect may be used to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as supervisory bodies, fiscal authorities or investigation bodies
- Use of information based on your consent: If you haven’t purchased any product from us, we will only send you direct marketing communications (such as newsletters, promotions, news on products or service updates) via email, other electronic means, via telephone after we have received your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent at any time (see the section Your rights below). Children under the age of 16 cannot legally give their consent. Instead, consent of their parent or legal guardian needs to be provided.
How we share your personal data
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
Service Providers and Processors. We engage third party vendors, from time to time, including:
- Business partners, suppliers (such as IT service providers) and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or to provide services on our behalf;
- Financial institutions, mostly to carry out credit related investigations regarding our customers;
- Telemarketing companies and other advertising companies that carry out marketing activities on our behalf;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website, such as Google Analytics.
In providing their services, they will access, receive, maintain or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your personal Data for their own (marketing) purposes. Consistent with applicable legal requirements, we take commercially reasonable steps to require third parties to adequately safeguard your personal data and only process it in accordance with our instructions.
Third parties in case of legal requirement. We also disclose your personal data if disclosure is required by law or in the context of an investigation, regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on us, or to protect the rights or safety of the website, us or our affiliated companies.
Corporate transaction. In addition, information about our customers, including personal data, may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale, transfer of our assets, acquisition, bankruptcy, or similar event.
With consent. We also disclose information about you, including personal data to any other third party, where you have consented or requested that we do so. Ig you have signed up to our newsletter, you can unsubscribe in the following ways:
- Click on the link to unsubscribe in each email
- Send an e-mail via the contact form
- Go to "My account" or in the customer area to the Newsletter section and disable the corresponding box
After you have unsubscribed, we will delete your e-mail address unless you have expressly agreed to further use of your data or if we reserve the right to a broader use of the legally permitted data and which we inform in this statement.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data are properly secured using appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures, so that they are protected against unauthorised or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorised access or disclosure, accidental or wrongful destruction, and loss.
We retain your personal data for as long as required to satisfy the purpose for which they were collected and used (for example, for the time necessary for us to provide you with customer service, answer queries or resolve problems), unless a longer period is necessary for our legal obligations or to defend a legal claim.
Subject to the conditions set forth in the applicable law, you have the right to request, review, correct, update, suppress, restrict or delete personal data that you have provided to us or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of such personal data for purposes of transmitting it to another company, by sending an email to email@example.com specifying your request. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please tell us what personal data you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have it suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of it. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain personal data for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion.
In the event your personal data is processed on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your request, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from third-party websites, such as our business partners, social media networks, branch organizations and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please consult these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any questions or complaints about the way we handle personal data, please contact:
Bicycles Solutions B.V. acting under the tradename Bike@Home
3816 BV Amersfoort
This privacy statement was last modified on: june 28th 2021.